Have you ever caught yourself daydreaming about peering upon the world from the beautifully intricate wooden balconies of a 17th-century manor? You’re not alone. I’ve often found myself captivated by that exact fantasy, pondering over such a timeless view…
So today, why don’t we embark on an exploration together through Casa de Los Balcones? This architectural gem nestled in Gran Canaria whispers tales of history and tradition through its stunning craftsmanship.
Time to tighten your laces; a magical journey back in time at the enchanting Casa de Los Balcones awaits us!
Overview of Casa De Los Balcones
Do you want to step into a world of history, tradition, and architectural beauty? Look no further than Casa De Los Balcones – The House Of Balconies on Gran Canaria. As a tourist exploring the Canary Islands, I was constantly in awe of the rich cultural heritage that this region has to offer. One gem that stood out to me was Casa De Los Balcones, with its fascinating history and stunning architectural features. Join me as we delve into the allure of this historic house and discover why it’s a must-visit destination on Gran Canaria!
History of the house
Casa de Los Balcones is a special old gem. It sits in La Orotava, Tenerife. They built the house in 1632 and it shines bright with Canarian art and thread work. The mansion came to life in 1670, thanks to top carpenters from Canaria Island.
Now, Mr. Carlos Schönfeldt Machado owns this beauty.
Casa De Los Balcones has some really neat things to look at. The whole house is a great example of Canary Islands style. Best Canarian carpenters built it back in 1670. The carved wood balconies and the Canarian patio are super pretty.
Most say this place is the best spot for seeing openwork in all of the Canary Islands!
Inside, you’ll find lots of art from Canarian artists and beautiful embroideries too. This place shows what life was like in Tenerife in the 17th century very well. It’s not just a house—it’s also a museum, learning center, and workshop where craft products get made! You will feel history come alive as you walk around Casa De Los Balcones.
Attractions at Casa De Los Balcones
The attractions at Casa De Los Balcones include beautifully carved wood balconies, a charming courtyard, and exhibits showcasing Canarian traditions.
Carved wood balconies
The carved wood balconies at Casa de Los Balcones are a sight to see. Made by top-notch carpenters back in the 1600s, each balcony is a work of art. They show us how good people were at making things with their hands long ago.
Even today, these balconies stand tall and beautiful. You can look at them from below or take great pictures from above. Each one tells a story about the Canary Islands’ past. If you like old, beautiful things, these balconies will make your heart sing!
The courtyard at Casa de Los Balcones is a charming and peaceful space that adds to the overall beauty of the house. Surrounded by traditional Canarian architecture, it provides a tranquil escape from the bustling streets outside.
The courtyard features lush greenery and colorful flowers, creating a refreshing atmosphere. It’s an ideal spot to sit down, relax, and take in the unique surroundings. Visitors can also find exhibits showcasing Canarian traditions in the courtyard, providing them with deeper insights into the local culture and heritage.
Exhibits showcasing Canarian traditions
As you explore Casa de Los Balcones, you’ll come across fascinating exhibits that showcase the rich traditions of the Canary Islands. These exhibits offer a glimpse into the vibrant culture and heritage of the region.
You can admire intricate Canarian embroideries, traditional artwork, and historical artifacts that depict the lifestyles of families and military figures from centuries ago. The exhibits provide insights into how people lived in this beautiful part of Spain’s cultural heritage.
Visiting Casa De Los Balcones
The Casa De Los Balcones is open from 10am to 6pm daily, and admission fees are reasonable for the experience it offers. The house is wheelchair accessible, making it convenient for all visitors to explore its stunning architectural features and exhibits showcasing Canarian traditions.
Casa De Los Balcones is open to visitors from 10 am to 6 pm every day. You have plenty of time to explore the historic house and its fascinating exhibits. So, no need to rush! Whether you’re an early bird or a late riser, Casa De Los Balcones will be waiting for you.
Step into this cultural treasure and immerse yourself in the rich heritage of the Canary Islands. Don’t miss out on this unique experience!
The admission fees for Casa de Los Balcones are very reasonable. Adults can enter for just $5, while children under 12 years old get in for free. It’s a great value considering all the history and culture you’ll experience inside.
So, grab your family and come explore this beautiful historic house!
Casa de Los Balcones is easily accessible for all visitors. The house-museum is located in La Orotava, Tenerife, and can be reached by public transportation or private car. It has wheelchair ramps and elevators to ensure that everyone can explore the different areas of the estate without any difficulties.
Once inside, there are wide paths and spacious rooms to move around comfortably. So whether you’re traveling with a stroller or have mobility needs, Casa de Los Balcones welcomes everyone to experience its rich history and culture.
Casa De Los Balcones is located in Gran Canaria and offers a unique glimpse into the island’s rich cultural heritage. Find out how to visit this historic house and discover its architectural wonders, traditional exhibits, and more.
Read on to plan your visit now!
Casa De Los Balcones is located in La Orotava, Tenerife, in the Canary Islands. Its address is Calle San Francisco 3, 38300 La Orotava, Santa Cruz de Tenerife. It’s easy to find and visit when you’re exploring the island.
Just remember to check their opening hours and admission fees before you go!
How to arrive
To get to Casa de Los Balcones, you can follow these simple steps:
- Fly to Tenerife: Book a flight to Tenerife, one of the Canary Islands in Spain.
- Arrive at La Orotava: Once you land in Tenerife, make your way to La Orotava, where Casa de Los Balcones is located.
- Take a Taxi: From the airport, you can easily find taxis that will take you directly to Casa de Los Balcones. Just let the driver know the name and address of the attraction.
- Use Public Transportation: If you prefer using public transportation, you can take a bus from the airport to La Orotava. Look for buses heading towards this town and ask for assistance if needed.
- Drive or Rent a Car: Another option is to rent a car at the airport and drive yourself to Casa de Los Balcones. Follow the GPS directions or use a map to reach your destination.
There are many exciting attractions near Casa de Los Balcones that you can visit during your trip to Gran Canaria. Here are some nearby places worth checking out:
- Anaga Rural Park: Explore the stunning natural beauty of this rural park filled with lush forests, rugged mountains, and scenic hiking trails.
- Loro Parque: This popular theme park in Puerto de la Cruz is home to a wide variety of animals, including dolphins, sea lions, parrots, and more.
- Teide National Park: Take a day trip to this UNESCO World Heritage Site and marvel at the majestic Mount Teide, Spain’s highest peak.
- Siam Park: Beat the heat at Europe’s largest water park located in Costa Adeje. Enjoy thrilling water slides, wave pools, and lazy rivers.
- Santa Catalina Park: Relax in this beautiful urban park located in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. It’s a great place for a leisurely stroll or picnic.
- Vegueta: Discover the historic neighborhood of Vegueta in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, known for its charming colonial architecture and vibrant atmosphere.
- Maspalomas Dunes: Visit these iconic sand dunes on the southern coast of Gran Canaria for a unique desert-like experience by the sea.
Reviews and Recommendations
Customers rave about their experience at Casa De Los Balcones, praising the stunning carved wood balconies and the rich exhibits showcasing Canarian traditions.
As a tourist, I appreciate the input of previous visitors to destinations I’m planning to visit. Casa De Los Balcones has received rave reviews from patrons, and I will share a few of them with you.
|John D.||5/5||John says, “A true gem! I loved the architecture and the history of Casa de Los Balcones. The carved wooden balconies are stunning!”|
|Susan M.||4.5/5||Susan wrote, “Enjoyed learning about Canarian traditions and culture from the 17th century. The Canarian patio is a must-see!”|
|Robert T.||5/5||Robert shared, “A great experience and a perfect place to buy handmade craft products. The house itself is a beautiful example of the vernacular architecture of the Canary Islands.”|
|Mary C.||5/5||Mary exclaimed, “Amazing! Built in 1632, the house tells the story of Tenerife’s history. Every corner of the house is filled with Canarian embroideries and artwork.”|
These reviews demonstrate why Casa De Los Balcones is considered a must-visit destination on Gran Canaria. It combines history, tradition, folklore, and craftsmanship. I’m excited to explore it myself!
Popular dishes at the restaurant (if applicable)
At Casa de Los Balcones, you can enjoy delicious traditional Canarian cuisine at the on-site restaurant. Here are some popular dishes that you must try:
- Papas arrugadas: These are small potatoes boiled in salted water until they become wrinkled. They are usually served with a spicy sauce called “mojo” and are a staple in Canarian cuisine.
- Gofio: This is a flour made from roasted grains, such as wheat or corn. It is often used in various dishes like soups, stews, and desserts. Gofio can also be sprinkled on top of yogurt or used as a bread topping.
- Puchero Canario: This is a hearty stew made with beef or pork, vegetables (such as potatoes, carrots, and cabbage), and chickpeas. It is slow-cooked to create a flavorful dish that warms the soul.
- Bienmesabe: A traditional dessert made with ground almonds, sugar, egg yolks, rum, and lemon zest. It has a creamy texture and is topped with toasted almonds.
- Mojo sauce: A famous condiment in the Canary Islands, mojo comes in different varieties – red mojo and green mojo being the most common ones. Red mojo is made with paprika and garlic while green mojo includes cilantro or parsley along with garlic.
– Visitors can find customer reviews of Casa De Los Balcones to hear about other tourists’ experiences.
– Those interested in dining can search for the popular dishes at the restaurant inside Casa De Los Balcones.
– Adventure seekers may also be interested in exploring Anaga Rural Park, located nearby.
Casa de los Balcones reviews
I have read some great reviews about Casa de Los Balcones! Visitors praise the beautiful carved wood balconies and the charming courtyard. They also love the exhibits showcasing Canarian traditions, including embroidery and artwork.
People say that visiting Casa de Los Balcones is like stepping back in time to experience 17th-century Tenerife. It’s a must-visit if you’re interested in the cultural heritage of the Canary Islands!
Casa de los Balcones restaurant
When visiting Casa de los Balcones, make sure to try the delicious food at their restaurant. The restaurant serves traditional Canarian dishes that will give you a taste of the local cuisine.
From tasty stews to fresh seafood, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Don’t forget to try their famous mojo sauce, which adds a flavorful kick to any dish. The cozy atmosphere of the restaurant and friendly staff make it a great place to relax and savor your meal.
So when you visit Casa de los Balcones, don’t miss out on this dining experience!
Anaga Rural Park
Anaga Rural Park is a breathtaking natural park situated in Tenerife, Canary Islands. It is a paradise for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. The park boasts lush green forests, rugged mountains, and stunning coastal views.
As you explore the park, you can encounter unique flora and fauna that are found nowhere else on Earth. There are numerous hiking trails that allow you to immerse yourself in the beauty of Anaga Rural Park.
Whether you want to admire the panoramic vistas or discover hidden waterfalls, this park offers something for everyone. So pack your hiking boots and get ready to experience the magic of Anaga Rural Park!